Position Available: Relational Organizing Assistant
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition is looking to hire a temporary, part-time Relational Organizing Assistant (ROA) to assist with our Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts, #Vote4Medicaid Campaign, and Census Outreach. The primary job function is using the messaging app Outvote to engage in relational organizing.
Relational Organizing is the process in which a person emails/ texts friends and family members with the intent of persuading them to take action.
The purpose of the position: Expand the numbers of people who understand the importance of Medicaid
Many CCDC members and Coloradans with significant disabilities utilize Medicaid for health care, Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS), and Durable Medical Equipment (DME). Medicaid enables Coloradans to have a choice in where they live, who assists them in daily activities (bathing, getting in and out of bed), and remain members of their communities. Over a million people in Colorado rely on Medicaid.
In November, we need to elect a President and a Colorado Senator who align with our values and mission of Social Justice for people with disabilities. If the position can be extended beyond the November election, the ROA will assist CCDC members to spread pro-Medicaid and other disability rights messages.
Duties: Engage in base-building, craft messaging, create actions, increase membership, and support leadership development in others.
- The Relational Organizing Assistant engages in base-building CCDC members to spread Outvote messages via email or texts.
- The ROA works with current adopters of Outvote, expanding the group, and building and using lists.
- The ROA crafts regular messages designed to maintain engagement and identify actions people can take while recruiting others.
- The ROA increases CCDC membership through this process by helping current members to reach out and invite friends and family to join CCDC – resulting in CCDC members further spreading our messages and encourage their friends to do the same.
- The ROA will identify active and engaged members and encourage/support them in leadership opportunities.
Note: Social distancing and the pandemic means all activities
are done via phone, text, or zoom for the foreseeable future.
- Must be able to connect with a diverse group of people as we are a Social Justice organization that values equity, diversity, and inclusion and engages in culturally competent interactions
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Friendly and courteous
- Able to write short, clear, and actionable messages
- Able to write clear instructions
- Can problem-solve questions about the messaging app Outvote
- Assist members who are not tech-savvy to understand texting and using an app
- Set, meet, and communicate weekly and project goals
- Identify and foster leaders among CCDC members
Job duration: August 22, 2020, until November 21, 2021
- This is a part-time, temporary position
- Under the supervision of our Director of Community Organizing with a possibility for this position to be continued past the initial duration in the future.
- Approximately 10 hours per week for $17/hr ($17.50 if Spanish speaker).
- Possible bonus for meeting specific numeric goals for membership increases and the number of people reached.
Contact: Please send to Dawn Howard, Director of Community Organizing (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Your resume
- A letter describing your experience with social media and messaging apps
- Three references
Deadline: August 3, 2020, at 5 pm