Virtual Events: We’re All in this Together
Quick links to sections on this page:
We are committed to providing multiple options for people to stay involved in their community while maintaining the recommended social distancing. Therefore, we are offering a variety of interactive events online. Keep an eye on this page for upcoming webinars, Q & A sessions with your leaders and experts, informational offerings, and extra advocacy training courses.
If you require captions or an ASL Interpreter, please contact Shannon Secrest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook events will have captions added once the live event ends and an ASL summary of the discussion.
Details for each event can be found below this week’s listings or click on the title to jump to the information.
Mon & Fri @ 12:30 – Come and share your lunch with Julie (or a CCDC Leader) offering updates, check-ins, and news for the day. (Facebook link)
CCDC Event Calendar
Top of Page
Calming Ourselves & Building Our Power
From Julie Reiskin, Executive Director, Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
To ensure better outcomes for our community during this unprecedented time, Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition is being proactive, compassionate, and conscious in our response to COVID-19.
Please review the following related to our business operations effective immediately and ways you can support our community:
- Office Operations: CCDC staff will work remotely and will continue to be reachable through email and phone. Our office remains open, however, there will be very limited staff present during normal business hours. We do not encourage external visitors at this time. CCDC staff is prohibited from attending gatherings of 20 or more people. Additionally, internal and external meetings will be postponed or rescheduled as phone calls or via the online Zoom platform, when possible. All in-state and out-of-state business travel have been suspended.
- Upcoming events: All community gatherings and events hosted by CCDC through April will be rescheduled for a later date, if possible. Any event already scheduled after May will remain scheduled at this point including our ADA 30th Anniversary Celebration in July. We will continually assess the situation and review recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and make changes as necessary.
- How you can support: In this environment of social distancing closures and racist attacks, community needs are shifting by the hour. CCDC acknowledges many members of our community may not have access to food, basic needs, paid family leave, health care, child care, and other valuable resources. Our community regularly experiences social isolation as well. Therefore our community is more likely to be negatively impacted during a public health crisis. This is a time for kindness. Here is how you can help. We highly encourage our volunteers and donors to consider volunteering or making a donation to our direct impact community partners including Mile High United Way, Denver Homeless Out Loud, Asian Pacific Development Center and Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition.
- Resources from us to you: During any time of crisis, misinformation and rumors can cause fear and unnecessary anxiety. This resource page provides quick links and references to answer many of your questions and calm your concerns. This resource page will be updated every day so you can expect the most up to date information.
- Government resources you can trust: While we are often the ones saying not to trust the government on some issues, in this particular subject, the government sites are the most accurate. Specifically:
NOTE: If you encounter inaccessible documents, videos without captions, no ASL interpreters, or any other form of disability discrimination in relation to COVID-19, please send us an email at COVID@ccdconline.org. We will take action if necessary.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding CCDC’s response to COVID-19, email us at COVID@ccdconline.org and a staff member will reply as quickly as possible.
Stay well and remember nothing about us, without us.
Your Friends at CCDC
Nothing About Us Without Us…Ever!
CCDC is a member of OneStrongVoice.org