CCDC is Hiring- Census Outreach Organizer
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition, Colorado’s Premier Nonprofit run by and for people with disabilities working for the Social Justice of all Coloradans with disabilities is looking to hire a temporary employee as a Census Outreach Organizer. CCDC is looking for a highly organized, outgoing, and friendly individual who will be in the community encouraging people with disabilities to participate in the 2020 Census.
Job duties include:
- Communicate effectively and courteously on the phone and in person
- Manage contracts and communication with organizations doing grant work with CCDC
- Plan, organize and run monthly meetings
- Develop and host a Census webinar for CCDC staff, Key Advocates, Outreach Partners, and Important Allies
- Coordinate and schedule outreach events, transport materials, and attend Census functions independently
- Work a flexible schedule which will include some weekends and evenings, working more hours mid-January through mid-April
- Set, track and complete weekly, monthly, and project goals. This includes effectively communicating progress to the Director of Community Organizing
- Develop and coordinate a Social Media Strategy Plan
- Be comfortable and culturally sensitive in interacting with people with all kinds of disabilities, including People of Color, LGBTQ, various faiths, etc.
- Previous Project Management experience is useful, but not required
Preference will be given to applicants who have
- Graduated from CCDC’s Advocacy Course
- Have a disability/or are an immediate family member
- Are a Person of Color
Compensation: $3,000 a month (December 22, 2019-May 21, 2020 with a possible one-month extension)
Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a sample of previous media materials personally developed. Also, include three references of individuals who can speak to your previous work.
Email the responses to Dawn Howard Dhoward@ccdconline.org by 5pm on November 29, 2019.